Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Chromebook

When I signed up for the Pilot thing I didn't expect very much. Actually, I forgot about it until a seemingly random package came in the mail. I remember seeing the demo video of the Cr48 on YouTube and the first thing I thought was "A man in a white suit will most likely not come out and bring me a new laptop when I drop my toaster on this." And so my experience began.


I quickly discovered Dev mode, the shell and root as well as the Dev channel. As problems, crashes, and feature requests came by, so did the little Bug icon. I found the Chromium.org groups that were recently replaced by the "official" group with multiple, friendly, Chrome Ninjas there hiding. People discover things quickly, like the GPS feature or the nonusable Bluetooth.


So from now on, as I get time, I will post my simplistic ideas of the world of Chrome. And maybe my trumpet from time to time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment